QUENTIN TARANTINO: SIX REASONS WHY HE'S COOLER THAN YOU THINK
Monday 16th November 2015 | Craig
1) Because he used to work in the porn industry (kind of): And no, before you start conjuring images that you don’t want to be conjuring, he wasn’t a porn star or even a porn filmmaker. But Quentin did once enjoy a short time working as an usher at adult Pussycat Theatre in California. Some fans have even gone so far as to suggest it was these scrapes with the porn industry, which lead to parts such as Marsellus Wallace’s rape scene in Pulp Fiction. Good on you Pussycat Theatre!
2) Because he almost had his nipple bitten off by taxi driver: Tarantino doesn’t just explore the world of violence with his films. In 2013, the Django Unchained writer and director got himself into a bit of a scrap with a New York taxi driver in which his nipple took the brunt of the damage.
3) Because the Internet thinks he has a foot fetish: Ok Quentin, you’re not exactly doing yourself any favours with this one, but we still think you’re cool. Fans have pointed to the ‘wiggle your big toe’ scene in Kill Bill Vol.1, Jules and Vincent’s foot massage conversation in Pulp Fiction and the unusually close-up foot shots in Jackie Brown, just to name a few.
4) Because he kept the ‘pussy wagon’ from Kill Bill Vol.1: We all know the car we’re talking about here, and if you don’t well then why have you read all the way down to reason four? Go watch some films dude. For those of you who might be so lucky to live near him, keep your eyes peeled for a middle-aged man in a yellow van who looks like he’s just won Pimp My Ride.
5) Because he’s the reason Casino Royale was made (apparently): So this is purely based on what Tarantino has said himself so you’ll just have to give him the benefit of the doubt with this one. “The reason they did Casino Royale all comes down to me,” the director said. “I said I wanted to do Casino Royale. They were already on record as saying the movie was unfilmable but then after I said it and talked about it for a little bit — then the big thing on all the Internets was that that was what all the fans wanted to see.” Now that’s the power of Tarantino.
6) And Finally, he’s down as fuck with the black community: On 24th October Tarantino spoke powerfully at an anti-police brutality protest in New York City. Check our ourpiece here.