MET Gala 2016: Our Top Technology Looks
Wednesday 4th May 2016 | Megan
The Met Gala is the annual fundraising benefit gala for the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York.
Every year the met gala has a theme, this year's theme was 'Manus X Machine: Fashion in An Age Of Technology'. In fact, this year all the stars wore an outfit that linked with the theme and incorporated ‘age of technology’. The stars walked the red carpet with their technology inspired outfits made by the very best designers. Here are some of the best.
- Lemonade star Beyoncé went to the event solo and definitely stole the show in a figure hugging Givenchy latex dress.
- Lady Gaga, born to amaze, worn a Versace dress with a PC corset, crazy heels and even crazier hair.
- Emma Watson, the not-so-little Hermione Granger, wore a beautiful black and white Calvin Klein dress made out of recycled plastic bottles.
- Actress Lupita Nyong’o, usually known for her bright dresses and make-up to contrast with her beautiful skin complexion, opted for an iridescent, green, sequined Calvin Klein dress. To literally top it all off, she sported a high-rising top knot.
- Actress Claire Danes wore a beautiful princess gown by Zac Posen and with the lights off, she actually lit up as dress was made with fibre-optic lights.
- UK singer Rita Ora kept with the silver theme and wore a grey, feathery gown by Vera Wang.
- Actress Zoe Saldana definitely won best dress train in her peacock inspired Dolce & Gabbana dress.
- Model Karolina Kurkova kept with the technology theme and wore a gorgeous chiffon dress with little computer designed lights attached that, when in the dark, lit up in correspondence to her twitter reactions. How sick is that?!
Now, on the other hand,on the red carpet there wasn't a lack of men either. Kanye West was owning the red carpet with a custom made denim jacket by Balmain and he perfectly matched the Balmain dress worn by Kim K.
At the same time, Former 1D heart-throb, Zayn Malik, was rocking a jacket with metal arms, created by Versace. He too matched his other half, model Gigi Hadid.
Oh, and we can’t forget our very own Idris Elba who was wearing a very dapper Tom Ford suit.
Overall, the Met Gala was a great success, just like it is every year and the usual stars, and some new ones, showcased their best looks all for the good name of charity.