Guestlist spoke to one of the hottest producers on the grime scene right now, Z-Dot.
We asked him 10 questions to get to know the man behind the beats.
1) If you could have produced ANY song, what would it be? Why?
Either, Fat Joe 'Lean Back' (Production was crazy), Dj Khaled 'I'm On One' (Big track and lineup), or The Game and 50 Cent 'Hate It Or Love It' (Remember playing it a lot at the time, big track!)
2) If you could eradicate ANY song, what would it be? Why?
Just for how annoying these tracks are: Rebecca Black 'Friday or Justin Bieber 'Baby' (He's got some bangers these days though!)
3) If you were stuck on a desert island with one person, who would it be? Why?
My girlfriend, if I didn't say her I'd be in trouble haha
4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
One of the biggest names in music production worldwide, owner of a successful record label and hopefully be involved with a few other exciting business ventures...
5) Is there a single moment that changed your life or the way you view the world?
When my Dad passed away I started looking at life differently, I started working even harder to reach my goals.. Musically I'd say 'Know Me From' with Stormzy woke up a few major acts in the UK and US who have since hit me up for tracks.
6) What is the maddest place or situation that you have been?
I can't remember.. A few places I went to in Mexico we're pretty crazy though, in a good way!
7) What makes you unique?
I've got an abnormal work ethic and drive for success, It's not always healthy but it's got me to where I am today and will hopefully help get me to the places I need to be in the next few years. My musical style is also unique as I'm very musical/melodic but use hard gritty sounds and drums.
8) Define yourself in three words
Hard working, driven, passionate
9) What is the one thing that you would change about the world?
There's too many to mention, every time I see the news there's something I'd like to change
10) What artist should we be watching out for now?
There's a lot of exciting talent coming from the UK! There's too many artists who are smashing it to narrow it down to one, but I'm always tweeting links from new talented artists on twitter
Zdot recently awarded five artists the chance to collaborate on a beat for Red Bull's 'Raise The Bar' challenge, check out the result here.