Trend: Slipper shoes
Wednesday 27th February 2013 | Sigrid
The hottest flats at the moment are the so-called ‘slippers’. You can get them in a lot of different colours and prints and they are available in every price range. Slippers give you a classy and stylish look and celebrities are crazy about them. Fashion guru Alexa Chung is one of them often spotted wearing these shoes.
Today we're giving you the top 5 of brands that offer these cool and elegant shoes:
1. Broadland Slippers is a British manufacturer of high quality, handmade slippers for men and women. You can get a Broadland pair for £100 to £300.
2. Christian Louboutin has a very wide range of slippers. They work a lot with studs and typical Louboutin features. Alexa Chung is a big fan of these shoes and owns a couple of pairs herself. This pair is yours for £555.
3. If you don’t feel like spending much but still want to walk around in a stylish pair of shoes, check out Zara’s slippers. Zara offers these shoes in a wide variety of colours, prints and designs. You can buy these ethnic slippers online or in store for £25.99.
4. Nicholas Kirkwood is a German shoe designer. He filled the gap in the market for statement shoes that are in the same league as hats designed by Treacy, and clothes designed by Alexander McQueen and Hussein Chalayan. Beyoncé was recently spotted with this pair of Nicholas Kirkwood slippers which have a price tag of no less than £925.
5. These regal, red velvet slippers from River Island give you a stylish edge over your essential flats. Perfect for teaming with cute dresses or your favourite denims. These tiger slippers only cost £45.
Convinced? Well, slippers will be essential to your wardrobe this spring, so go get some!
By Sigrid Louwet