Here's a summer starter, firecracker spotify Guestlist playlist, courtesy of Franky Wah
Tuesday 10th May 2022 |
It's setting up to be a bleater of a year for this Yorkshire lad. With a string of successful releases behind him and a UK tour earlier this year, Franky has teamed up with AR/CO for "Under The Sun", a summer starter firecracker of a track out now on Terracotta records. Just 3 days into release and it’s already broken both the Beatport top 10 and the Shazam top 100 charts!
With a busy summer ahead of him we managed to get Franky to compile an exclusive Guestlist Spotify playlist of tracks which can be enjoyed with a lovely brew of Tetleys Yorkshire gold tea and a flavoursome Jamaican cigarette.
1) "Haunted" - Franky Wah and Sasha I chose this record because it was my first official collaboration with another artist. It just so happened to be Sasha who was my childhood idol so this record will always have a place in my heart.
2) "Afterlife" - Franky Wah Signing to Afterlife was a goal I set myself at the beginning of my musical career. I've always been a fan of the label and its events. Since signing with them I've gone on to sign more records but this was the first.
3) "Night Blooming Jasmine" Rodriguez Jr. Remix - Eli & Fur This one has everything I look for in a record and I find I can listen to it no matter what mood I’m in, sooo good!
4) "Missing You" - Boston Bun I chose this record because it reminds me of nothing but good memories, perfect for a sunny day.
5) "Don't Give Up" - Chichane Bryan Adams I chose this one because old skool is the best skool, guaranteed to make you feel good and that’s what it's all about at the end of the day.
6) "Nu World" - Maceo Plex Maceo for me is one of the most consistent artists in the game and this being one of his more recent records proves how he’s constantly evolving his sound. Absolute banger.
7) "Opal" Four Tet remix - Bicep This record doesn’t really need an explanation but I’m going to give you one. I experienced one of those life-changing moments as a raver to this record, I'll never forget it!
8) "In This World" - Franky Wah remix - Moby I chose this one because I feel it was a very proud moment in my career. Having someone like Moby's approval to rework a classic record of his meant the world to me.
9) "Noise" - Dennis Horvat I chose this track because of the feeling I get when I play the record live and the crowd reaction is always second to none.
10) "Get Me High" - Franky Wah Last but not least Get Me High. This record was where it all began. I will be forever grateful for this record.