Sub-Liminal's Guzi Chats his Top 5 Vinyls Ahead of "Ooh Boy" EP Drop
Drum and Bass |
Thursday 11th April 2019 | Tom
Sub-Liminal Recordings are back this week with another corker of an EP from one of the DNB scene's most hotly tipped up and comers: Guzi.
Titled the “Ooh Boy EP” the release marks Guzi's second solo EP and third release on the label which has become renowned for finding some of the freshest young talent in the game, steadfastly providing them with the perfect platform to develop themselves into future forerunners of the Drum and Bass scene.
Since dropping his debut release on Fatman D's Young Guns imprint in 2016 Guzi's work has gone from strength to strength and the young Brighton based producer is showing signs of developing into a serious player in the world of Drum and Bass. He has been working alongside Sub-Liminal label boss Dj Agro to develop a sister to the imprint Sub-Division Recordings which will cater for those into a slightly more tech inspired sound than that of it's older sibling – watch this space!
Guestlist caught Guzi for a hot minute ahead of the 'Ooh Boy' EP drop to find out about the top 5 tunes he owns on vinyl.
1) Serum & Northern Lights “Watch Out” The perfect combination of rave inspired FX and rolling jungle vibes.
2) Mampi Swift - “Gangster” Another one with a real old school feel to it, I'm really into that classic old school rave influenced sound.
3) Original sin - “Overfiend” The way the energy builds up between the intro and the drop makes this tune worth pulling out for my sets to this day
4) Die & Clipz - “Number 1” This one makes the top 5 because its the best double dropper I own, the reggae breakdown in the intro always sounds sick in a DJ mix.
5) S.P.Y - "Clouds" S.P.Y is my favourite producer so he had to be on this list, the “Love & Hate EP” is my favourite piece of work he has ever done, clouds being my percy.
Guzi's heavyweight "Ooh Boy EP" is out exclusively from Juno Download from Friday 12th April 2019.
Guzi - Twitter -Soundcloud